375g salted butter
375g good quality dark chocolate
350g caster sugar
250g white chocolate chips (buttons or chunks work fine too)
225g plain flour
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180oC
- Put the butter and dark chocolate into a glass bowl and melt slowly over a pan of shallow simmering water (make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water as this may burn the chocolate). Once fully melted, take the bowl off the pan and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk thoroughly until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Once the chocolate and butter mixture has cooled, pour in the fluffy egg and sugar mixture and give it a gentle stir.
- Fold the flour in (sifting the flour in works best as it’ll get rid of any lumps).
- Add the white chocolate chips to the mixture. Be sure not to over mix at this point
- Line a baking dish with greaseproof paper and tip the mixture in.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the brownies have just a subtle ‘wobble’ left!
- Cool, slice and enjoy!
If there are too many to get through in one go (it’s unlikely), fret not! These brownies can also be frozen.
Thanks to The Grove for sharing this decadent chocolate recipe!