Three of the best: Summer cocktail recipes
As we continue to enjoy a generous dose of British sunshine, we’ve come to love a refreshing and summery tipple more than ever. So, we asked our head bartender at The Glasshouse Bar, to share three of his favourite cocktail recipes that lend themselves perfectly to a warm summer’s evening.
A quintessential English twist on a modern classic
- 50ml Chase Rhubarb Vodka
- 10ml Cointreau liqueur
- 10ml fresh lime juice
- 25ml cranberry juice
- 2 Dashes of La Fee Rhubarb Bitters (optional)
- Orange peel to garnish
- Combine the Chase Rhubarb Vodka, Cointreau liqueur, lime juice, cranberry juice and La Fee Rhubarb Bitters (if using) in a cocktail shaker with some ice.
- Shake vigorously for 10 seconds before fine straining into a cosmopolitan glass.
- Finish with a garnish of orange peel.
A refreshing and light concoction to tantalise the taste buds, this has become a firm favourite on the Ayala Brut Nature Bar pop-up’s menu.
- 25ml limoncello liqueur
- 5ml fresh raspberry purée
- 100ml Ayala Brut Champagne
- Spoon the raspberry purée into a Champagne glass, followed by the limoncello, and then gently top up the glass with Ayala Brut Champagne.
- Give it a gentle stir before serving straight away.
This is a refreshing non-alcoholic invention, which is best garnished with freshly-picked mint.
- 150ml green tea
- 25ml fresh lemon juice
- 5ml agave nectar
- 3 Slices of cucumber
- Handful of fresh mint
- Prepare the green tea and leave to cool. Muddle the cucumber in a Boston glass before adding the green tea, lemon juice and agave nectar with some ice.
- Shake vigorously for ten seconds before fine straining into a jam jar.
- Garnish generously with a sprig of mint and serve.
Please ensure to check all allergens in the ingredients before serving.
Thank you to The Grove Chandlers Cross!