We are delighted to announce that from Monday 15th June, both Chorleywood and Gerrards Cross Bookshops will once again be open for business.
It goes without saying that the safety of both our customers and our teams is paramount and we have introduced a number of measures to minimise any potential risk.
These measures include:
- A maximum of 2 customers will be allowed in the shop at any one time.
- Clear floor markings and signage within the shops to allow customers to keep 2 metres apart.
- Safety screens at the till points.
- All shop staff will be wearing the appropriate PPE (e.g. facemasks and gloves).
- Limiting the handling of stock.
- Contactless payments only.
- Regular cleaning and sanitising of the shops throughout the day.
We are following all of the latest government and industry guidelines in order to provide the safest environment for customers and staff. These measures will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and updated where necessary.
We will also be offering a ‘Click & Collect’ service at both shops, whereby orders placed and paid for over the phone, via email or online can be collected from a designated collection point.
Our local delivery service (within a 5 mile radius) will continue to be available for those customers who are still having to shield at home. This service will be free of charge for orders of £30 or more. A small fee of £3 will be charged on orders below this amount. Please note that deliveries will be made on a Thursday only.
We will be operating slightly reduced opening hours, which will be as follows:
Monday to Saturday – 9:30am to 4:30pm
Sunday – 10am to 4pm
Since we closed our doors at the end of March, we have been completely overwhelmed with the continued support we have received from you all. Be it an order for a book, a mention on social media or a friendly voice on the other end of the phone…we are very thankful.
With very best wishes,
Sheryl, Martin and the bookshop teams.