The Grove’s Executive Head Chef Stephen Wheeler shares with Sarratt one of his favourite recipes…
Grilled Seabass, Summer Greens, Tarragon & Kalamata Olives
- 1 180gm Seabass Fillet
- 60gm Baby Spinach
- 30gm Snow Peas
- 30gm Fresh Peas
- 30gm Broad Beans
- 1 sprig of Tarragon
- 40gm Unsalted Butter
- 10ml White Wine
- 5gm Shallots
- 10gm Kalamata Olives
- 2ml Olive Oil
- Micro Herbs
- First make a butter sauce by reducing the white wine & shallots & tarragon stalks by 2 thirds in a sauce pan and add the butter slowly which has been chilled in the fridge, whisk slowly but do not boil, should be a nice velvety texture.
- In a grill pan, season the seabass with salt and grill skin side down for 2 / 3 minutes, turn over and take pan off heat and finish cooking the fish.
- Wash all green vegetables and shell broad beans and then blanch in boiling salted water for 30 seconds and plunge into cold water and keep nice and green.
- Blend olives in a liquidizer until a paste add a little olive oil.
- To serve: Gently heat butter sauce and add green vegetables and chopped tarragon, spoon onto a large plate, put seabass on top and a spoon of the olive paste on top of the fish, garnish with micro herbs.
Thank you Stephen!