Sarratt Neighbourhood Plan
- The consultancy firm we selected joined us for our last meeting and amply demonstrated their extensive experience in producing neighbourhood plans. They have provided us with invaluable material to assist and guide us as we move forward and we look forward to working with them as required in the New Year.
- Frustratingly, we have become aware that the Three Rivers Local Plan process may be delayed. This will have an impact on us as we are obliged to take into account their plans in whatever we put forward. We await further updates before finalising our process timings.
- The web page on the Sarratt Village site (see below) will soon be populated with news, reference material and contact details as the process proceeds.
- The Plan will not include any discussion of specific sites for development. Rather it will it cover policies on what sort of developments the village would find acceptable. This is an emotive area and we will need to find the best consensus we can.
- We were at the Freshers Fair on 2 November at the Village Hall. Thanks for all of you who took the time to talk to us and particularly those who have been in touch since.
The key to the success of the Plan will be the involvement of residents. Over the next 9 months, parishioners will be given numerous opportunities to participate, so that the Plan represents a genuine consensus.
It will not be the Working Group’s Plan. It will be the residents’ Plan.
Please help us make this a meaningful exercise.
We will be sending out regular updates through Spotlight and https://www.sarrattvillage.co.uk/neighbourhood-plan/
You can contact us by email at email@example.com
Our meetings are open to the public and our next meeting is on 16 December at 1.30 in the back room of the Village Hall.
Look out for the consultation exercises we will be running and
Please Get Involved. Thank you
Working Group members
John Carter (Chair), Clare Bennett, Tony Bond, Lee Gilmour, Will Hobhouse, Anthony Soothill.
Please feel free to approach any of us about any aspect of the Plan.